Monday 6 November 2017

How to Write a Logline

Writing a logline is a vital part of the screenwriting process and one of the most effective ways of selling your script. A logline is the essence of your screenplay (character, want, and obstacle) written in a clear, concise and creative way - ideally between 20-30 words.

In this video, Michael Schilf uses the Oscar award-winning film, Argo, as an example.

After watching this video, continue on to their website for more instruction and hundreds of examples.




First posted: 6 September 2014

1 comment:

houshang falah said...

For the last few weeks, I’ve been working on my first class for
Skillshare and today it’s officially live!
If you’re not familiar, Skillshare is an online learning community
with thousands of classes on everything from business to graphic
design to fashion – it’s the Netflix of learning.
Where you’ll learn SCREENPLAY IDEA. I’m proud of what I’ve created,
and I’d really appreciate if you’d help me out by watching my class
By using this special link
https://skl.sh/2QzUEie
Not only is this an awesome deal, but your enrollment will help my
class trend on Skillshare, which means that more students will be able
to discover it.
If you know of anyone else that’d be interested to learn SCREENPLAY
SKILLS, I’d appreciate if you’d share the link with SKILLSHARE:
https://skl.sh/2QzUEie

Thanks so much!
houshang falahrezaei