Saturday 14 January 2012

"The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl"

When I was a kid, I was convinced my family was the only weird one in the world. Everyone else was happy, well-adjusted, normal. We were the freaks. Then I discovered that we're all weird in some way, at least to some people. So I like the kind of webseries in which people explore their personal idiosyncrasies and peculiarities, even if they have to exaggerate them to make the show more interesting.

The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl follows "J", an awkward black girl, as she attempts to navigate the embarrassing minefield of love, friendship, and office politics.

The show was created by, and stars, Issa Rae, who is aiming to become the black Liz Lemon

Here's episode 1.

    blip.tv    Facebook    IMDb    Interview    Twitter    Website    YouTube   

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

The story gets going by episode 7. It's a romantic comedy